Typically, the size of a tent is determined by the maximum number of occupants that will reside within the tent. Some tents sleep a single person, while others can sleep more and make the ideal family camping tent. 4-man tents are bigger and allow ample space for you to sleep and store all your gear comfortably in most seasons. It is also good to keep in mind, however, that the bigger the tent you get, the longer it could take and more difficult it could be to put the tent up and take down.
Also keep in mind that if you are going to be hiking to your campsite, a larger tent will definitely weigh more so you may want to determine how far you will have to travel and how much weight you can comfortably carry.
The following are reviews of some of the best 4-man tents some that two, three and four-season tents that are available online today for purchase:
The Coleman Sundome 4-Person tent is spacious with a 59” center height and can sleep up to four people. It features a large door with a hooded fly for easy entry to the tent and some added ventilation. It also features an electric access port, ground vent, and an interior mesh pocket for storage.
|Product Dimensions||94.4×82.6×49.2 inches|
|Product Weight||Approximately 11 pounds|
- Large rear hooded window for cross ventilation
- Mesh vents and polyurethane floor
- Welded seams for durability and weather protection
- Freestanding design so it is easy to put up and take down
- Fire retardant
- Mesh screens are not good for cold weather
The Mountain Trails South Bend Tent is suitable for four people and is a compact sports dome tent with a shock-corded fiberglass frame and pin and ring system that allows for simple setup. The total square feet of the tent comes to approximately 63 square feet and features a large Dutch “D” style door for easy entry to the tent. The tent stakes and poles also unroll with the tent.
|Product Weight||6.95 pounds|
- Versatile and compact tent that sleeps up to four people
- Shock-corded fiberglass poles and a pin and ring system for easy setup
- Attached mud mat helps keep the floor clean
- Integrated stow and go duffel system
- Large mesh roof vents and windows provide ventilation
- Durable polyester material
- Includes a utility pocket and gear loft
- Does not come with corner tie downs
- Not recommended for harsh weather conditions
The HollyHome 4 person camping tent features double layers that will keep you warm and safe from the elements. It is constructed of breathable B3 mesh fabric and polyester that is polyurethane coated for water resistance and UV-resistance. It also has high strength aluminum poles, is extremely lightweight, and can be setup quickly and easily by just one person.
|Product Dimensions||86.61×76.77×55.12 inches|
|Product Weight||Approximately 6 pounds|
- Double layers for stabilization and water-resistance
- Aluminum poles provide a more durable construction
- Easy to assemble and disassemble with convenient automatic structure
- Comes in a small and lightweight duffel-easy to carry and store
- Privacy protection doors provide ventilation and keep the bugs out
- Includes two doors for added ventilation and convenience
- None specified
The Luxe Tempo Lightweight tent can sleep up to four people with 54.8 square feet of space. It includes two doors and two vestibules with storm-flaps and also has reflective stripes. It is made from a 210t patterned polyester material that is even stronger than ripstop and also has an anti-abrasion bathtub tent floor with taped seams for water resistance.
|Product Dimensions||49.2×98.4×86.6 inches|
|Product Weight||7.7 pounds|
- Features two vestibules and two doors
- Fly design allows front and sides to be partially rolled up for ventilation
- There are two vents to help with condensation
- Four mesh pockets for storage and organization
- Ultralight plastic clips and hook and loop tabs
- Rainstorm tested with no leaking
- Can handle a snow load of 10–15 lb per cubic foot
- Reflective guylines and tent corner webbing
- May be hard to get in and out of vestibule
- May be heavier than expected
The Alps Mountaineering Meramac Tent can sleep up to four people and is made from polyester taffeta, includes a factory sealed fly, and floor seams for improved weather protection and zippered windows offer ventilation. There are two doors for easy entry and they have a single zip operation.
|Product Dimensions||90x102x60 inches|
|Product Weight||11.25 pounds|
- Freestanding two pole-design with shock-corded fiberglass
- Lightweight and durable polyester materials
- Includes a full-length fly for improved weather protection
- Extra door also provides more ventilation and convenience
- Mesh storage pockets and a gear loft help keep everything organized
- Door zipper gets caught easily
- Rain fly may stick out in the front
A four-person tent is convenient if you will be camping with a group. Sharing one tent also helps cut down on the amount of gear that you will have to carry to the campsite. With two doors for convenience, you will not have to climb over other people when you go in or try to get out of the tent and you will have access to ample storage space inside the tent so that you can stay organized on your camping trip.
The materials for these tents are also high-quality and most are water and UV-resistant which improves the strength and overall durability of the tent. You can also purchase a footprint to provide the tent with another waterproof layer of protection on the floor of the tent to protect you and the other campers if it is not already included.