Another new style of camping has become popular in recent years. Beach camping is a new way of camping that keeps you close to the water. You can have the convenience of having a space to store your stuff so that it will stay free of sand and water and it also allows you to have a very relaxing getaway where you can listen to the waves and view the sunrise and sunset.
A beach tent, or beach shelter, can also be used for a brief trip to the beach and is very useful if you have small children that you want to keep shielded from the hot sun or you want a place that they can sleep peacefully while the other kids swim.
While they may be called beach tents, the smaller baby beach tents can also be used anytime you want some reprieve from the hot sun and act as a beach shelter against UV rays. Even if you are just sitting on the sidelines at your child’s game, a pop-up beach tent could act as a beach umbrella or beach canopy and help you escape from the harsh sun or heavy wind.
When you are looking for the best beach tent, you want something that is durable, can withstand stronger winds, and can help shield and protect you from the sun.
The following are reviews of some of the best beach tents that are currently available:
The Pacific Breeze Beach Tent is a great option if you have smaller children. It is a pop-up tent, so it is extremely easy to setup and take down and has ample space to keep all your gear and towels. It is also a very lightweight tent option, so it is easy to carry.
|Product Dimensions||47.2×49.2×86.6 inches|
|Product Weight||4.45 pounds|
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy and quick setup and take down
- Spacious interior to provide sun, rain, and wind protection
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Large windows offer ventilation
- Fiberglass frame and waterproof PE floor
- Comes with a carrying case, sand pockets, and stakes
- Flaps that cover the screen vents don’t always stay shut
- Fabric material is very thin
The Lightspeed Outdoors Quick Cabana Beach Tent is easy to setup and features an easy up and down hub system. It is lightweight, easy to carry, and comes with a carrying bag for storage and travel. The floor is suitable for both kids and a dog and can hold up against wet conditions and windy conditions. It offers a good amount of sun shade while remaining sturdy and durable.
|Product Dimensions||96 x54.5×49.25 inches|
|Product Weight||7 pounds|
- Can accommodate up to four people
- Includes a large front porch area for more room
- Includes three mesh windows for privacy flaps
- Includes three sand pockets
- Guylines for improved visibility
- Includes stakes for setup
- Built-in pole and hub system for setup in just seconds
- Breathable polyester material with a water-resistant coating
- UPF 50+ protection
- Wind shedding design and stakes for stability
- Flaps use Velcro rather than zippers
- Hard for one person to roll up and fit back into the bag
The Coleman DayTripper Beach Shade is a beach tent has an awning for shade and a privacy door in case you want to or need to change your clothes while still at the beach. The back of the tent can be a wall, mesh window, or even a door and the UVGuard material protects the family from the sun. It comes in assorted colors including blue/lime, blue/white, lime, pink, and yellow.
|Product Dimensions||14.7×6.6×6.6 inches|
|Product Weight||5 pounds|
- Provides both shade and privacy while on the beach
- Back wall can be used as a mesh window or a door
- Awning provides additional shade
- Mesh inside pocket for small storage
- Sandbags help anchor the tent and keep it in place
- May be difficult to set up and take down
- May take more than one person to set up
The Texsport Calypso Beach Tent features a heavy-duty polyurethane coated taffeta and offers ultimate UV-protection and shade while on the beach. It also includes mesh windows and has a three-pole design with shock-corded fiberglass poles. It is also flame retardant and comes equipped with stakes for setup and sandbags to help keep it in place during heavier winds.
|Product Dimensions||84x48x48 inches|
|Product Weight||2.5 pounds|
- Silver coating for UV-protection (UPF 50+) and cool comfort
- Three mesh windows with zippered storm flaps
- Four sand bags for weight and stability
- Floor is made from ripstop material for durability
- Easy setup and take down
- Flame retardant
- May be smaller than expected on the interior
- Included stakes are not good quality
The SunShack Pop-Up Beach Shade is a beach tent that is easy to set up and does not require any tools for assembly because it simply pops up. It offers both shade and sun protection and has a water-repellant shell design that will even keep you dry if it rains. It also includes sewn in sandbags for stability, so it stays in place even when it’s windy outside.
|Product Dimensions||43x51x51 inches|
|Product Weight||2.6 pounds|
- Easy automatic set up and take down
- UV 30+ protection from the sun
- Water-repellent and interwoven design
- Mesh window for ventilation
- Sand pockets offer improved stability
- Folding it back up may be difficult at first
- Vague instructions included
A beach tent offers many advantages for your next trip including UV-protection, wind protection, and rain protection and even offers a bit of privacy and shade while at the beach. The sewn in sandbags help to keep the tent in place, and the included windows offer ventilation on hot days.