If you are looking for a backpack that provides functionality, durability, comfort, and style, then a High Sierra Backpack may be what you have in mind. High Sierra offers a varied assortment of backpacks that are suitable for all kinds of occasions and allows you to throw in that extra gear.
High Sierra backpacks are feature-rich and they have committed themselves to providing an affordable product with great details and features that are perfect for all kinds of activities including hiking, backpacking, and traveling. They combine practical performance with details that make a difference and provide you with a backpack that can withstand all your outdoor adventures.
When you are considering which bags to putrchase like the high Sierra loop backpack for your next hiking or backpacking trip, there are several considerations you should keep in mind, including the amount of space you will have, the weight of the pack, whether or not it has a grab handle, and the durability of the pack. You want a pack that can hold everything you need for your survival without placing additional strain and pressure on your back since you will be wearing the pack for extended periods of time.
The following are reviews of the best High Sierra Backpacks that are currently available:
1. High Sierra Swerve Backpack
The High Sierra Swerve Backpack features a large and multi-compartment design with a fully padded cushion zone computer sleeve that will hold a laptop up to 17 inches and also has an integrated tech spot tablet computer sleeve. This backpack was designed with function, comfort, and style and includes every feature that you would need for both work and play.
|Product Dimensions||7.8 x 19 x 13 inches|
|Capacity||2230 cubic inches|
|Product Weight||15.7 ounces|
- Laptop and tablet storage compartments
- Padded shoulder straps for improved comfort
- Suspension system for relief for heavier loads; transfers and dampens the weight
- Padded and Airflow back panel for maximum airflow and moisture wicking
- Adjustable compression straps
- Integrated media mesh pocket on the shoulder strap for quick access
- Multiple pockets for improved organization including a zippered mesh pocket and a key fob hook
- Reflective piping also provides added safety and security
- Inferior quality zippers that may be hard to zip and unzip at times
- Bottom of the bag is not expandable
- Shoulder straps may be very thick and wide
2. High Sierra Appalachian 75 Backpacking Pack
The High Sierra Appalachian Backpacking Pack features a top-loading main compartment with a gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid. It is the ideal pack for hiking and backpacking and can easily and comfortably hold all the essentials you will need on your next outdoor trip including a Drop-bottom sleeping bag compartment with a divider.
|Product Dimensions||34 x 14.25 x 10.25 inches|
|Capacity||4580 cubic inches/ 75 L|
|Product Weight||5 pounds, 8 ounces|
- Expedition sized backpack, 75 liters of space to hold all your essentials
- Front access to the backpack’s main compartment
- Spacious dual zippered pockets located on the sides of the pack
- Adjustable sternum straps to help stabilize the pack
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow channels
- Side and bottom compression straps to help secure, stabilize, and even expand to accommodate more gear
- Dual, contoured aluminum frame bars that can be adjusted
- Shoulder straps will loosen and have to be readjusted and tightened
- Waist belt may be bigger than expected
- Not as comfortable and suitable for shorter and more petite individuals
3. High Sierra Tech 2 Series Titan 65 Frame Pack
The High Sierra Tech 2 Series Titan 65 Frame Pack has a 65-liter capacity and features an S-shaped ergo-fit shoulder strap harness with adjustable load-lifters and VAPEL mesh padding that adjusts up or down in order to find the best fit for your body. This backpack is feature rich and versatile which makes it the perfect companion for your next trip if you are a beginner hiker.
|Product Dimensions||14.25 x 8.75 x 32 inches|
|Product Weight||4.4 pounds|
- Easy access, front-load zipper compartment with an adjustable inner divider
- S-shaped design shoulder strap harness with adjustable load-lifters and mesh padding
- Adjustable lid with an outer zippered pocket with key fob
- Inner zippered pocket for additional organization and storage
- Top-load main compartment with a drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- Removable media pocket located on the straps
- An adjustable sternum strap to help stabilize the back and distribute the weight
- No detachable daypack for additional storage and space
- Not suitable for longer treks and outings
- Hard to adjust to the proper fit
4. High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack
The High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack that is perfect for any backpacking or hiking trip because it is rich with functional features and can hold all the necessities you will need along the way. The Airflow channels also provide added comfort while you are wearing it on long excursions and helps keep your back cool and dry.
|Product Dimensions||13 x 12 x 23 inches|
|Product Weight||4 pounds|
- Single contoured aluminum frame bar that can be adjusted to fit the contour of your back
- Ergo fit shoulder harness system to provide more comfort
- Externally accessible bottom compartment
- Built-in raincover
- Hydration-compatible with a reservoir pocket and drink tube export
- Side compression straps
- Two mesh side pockets that fit water bottles
- Hinged front pockets to secure bulky gear
- Overall weight of the pack is higher than other packs
- Waist belt may be bigger than expected
- Seams of the bag are not the best quality
No matter which High Sierra Backpack you choose, you are sure to find the perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. You will have all the gear necessary to get you through any emergency situation or trip including the additional hydration feature you can find on some of the packs. Hydration on the go is a plus on any hiking or camping trip in the great outdoors.
Finally, keep in mind that you will be carrying the pack for extended amounts of time and over long distances, so you want to be sure that it is comfortable and the weight is evenly distributed so you do not hurt your back. Comfort and durability are two of the most important factors to consider when choosing the best backpack for your next adventure.