So you love to take on the outdoors, walk miles and just do your thing. Great move, but you can do it better by rucking and wearing your dependable weighted backpack to give you all the essential items you may need on your walk or jog. This type of sport has many health advantages to it that you can benefit from as well. Walking miles or jogging in the backcountry is a wonderful feeling because of so many things you can enjoy on your way like the countryside, like flowers, wildlife and so on.
What Is Rucking?
Rucking is a term many people use, especially hikers to describe walking, jogging, or traveling to other locations with a packed backpack carrying. Most of the time, your knapsack is filled with all the necessary essentials you will need to help you on the journey. Still, at other times, you just pack whatever you can in it just to make it heavy enough for you to carry.
How Do You Go Rucking?
You can ruck alone or with someone. You can ruck with a crowd of people if you like, it does not matter who you do it with, you are rucking and that is what makes the difference. You cannot ruck without a backpack so your first job before starting out is to get one.
Once you get your knapsack ready, put in it some necessary essentials like your water bottle and so on, but do not over pack it. Only take the necessary stuffs you will need. Your next step is to place the rucksack on your back and start walking to your agreed destination and, hurrah, you are into your first rucking session.
Rucking is a fitness thing so when you ruck you are helping yourself to stay healthy. Below are some health benefits to the fitness sport.
- Trigger Weight Loss: When you exercise by walking or jogging with a backpack on your back with weight in it, unwanted calories that make you fat are burned up, thus, triggering weight loss in your body.
- Stop or Prevent Back Pain: Doing a session each day of rigorous walking or jogging with a pack on can send a positive message to your back. Rucking can lower or stop any pain you might have been experiencing. if you are healthy with no pain, the exercise experience will further strengthen your back so that it can withstand any ailment that might want to attack your backbone in the future.
- It Builds Endurance: Rucking is a great endurance builder to your body because carrying a weighted pack on your back builds your hips and makes you walk better.
- It Builds Your Muscles: This kind of sporting activity is a muscle builder because of the strenuous exercise you are required to do.
Rucking Backpack Reviews
1. Mardingtop Tactical Backpack
Mardingtop Tactical Backpack is a seasoned knapsack that allows you comfort and durability. It is great not only for hiking and camping but for rucking as well. Fill your bag with your essentials and off you go on the road or in the woods and you are off to a great start because of the many health benefits you will achieve.
Features of Mardingtop Tactical
- Made from Strong Quality Material: Mardingtop makes their knapsack from tough material like 600D water-resistant polyester. This product is made to last long.
- Good Hydration System: This tactical bag can take on a whopping 2.5 liters of bladder so you can quench your thirst when you are rucking. It contains an easy to reach tube so you can drink or sip your water anytime.
- Great Molle Webbing: As a bag designed to carry weight, the assault pack has on it hanging places so you can hang your gear or small items on. It also carries adjustable straps so you can attach your bed on them.
- Great Load Carrier: This bag is huge and so it can carry a good load anytime. Still, it is advisable that you carry only the amount of weight you can easily handle.
- Strong polyester construction
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Hydration bladder at the ready
- Not much space compartment in the bag
- Not waterproof
- Can only carry laptop or hydration bladder but not both items
- None sternum strap
- Restricted MOLLE webbing
2. Under Armor Storm Hustle II Backpack
When you want a carrier that can do a man’s job, have a look at the Under Armor Storm Hustle II backpack. This product is designed to meet your rucking needs on the trail and otherwise. It comes with a number of features that will make your day a pleasant one.
Features of the Under Armor Storm Hustle
- Suitable Backpack for Athletic People Like Ruckers: This is the ideal pack to go rucking with and building those muscles of yours.
- Large Enough Space Compartment: The space compartment allows you to carry a laptop measuring up to 15 inches. Its compartment is also large enough to carry other gear.
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps: These adjustable shoulder straps are designed to keep you in your comfort zone.
- Exterior and Interior Pockets: Armor Storm has 5 exterior pockets and 3 interior ones to hold smaller items such as your phone, keys, water bottles, and so on.
- Water-Resistant: This bag is designed to keep your property dry at all times, even if you should be rucking in a downpour of rain.
- Great looking backpack
- It carries 2 nice drink holders
- Waterproof feature is great
- Very light and easy to manage
- Size is just right
- Cannot stand upright (whenever it is put to stand up, it always falls forward)
- The two pockets seem to be too small
Start your day right by rucking and you will enjoy the benefits it has for you. In time, you will get used to the sport and your body will begin to react to it in a positive way. This is a great way to pass the time and at the same time heap up plenty advantages to your body. Therefore, start making a positive impact on you and your self-esteem and ruck stress away.