Camping with two people for any amount of time, whether it is just a weekend or a week-long excursion, can be a pretty big deal. You will definitely want to find a durable and reliable two-person backpack tent for the perfect trip so you can stay together and have adequate shelter for whatever Mother Nature may throw at you.
When choosing the best two-person tent for your trip, you will want to consider the overall size of the tent, the materials the tent is made from, how much storage it allows you, how durable it is, and if it is properly ventilated.
The following are reviews of some of the best 2-person tents that are available online today so you can be better prepared for your next camping trip and outdoor adventure:
The Slumberjack Trail Tent is a freestanding 2-person trail tent that comes with a rain fly for rain coverage and it is the ideal camping tent for your next backpacking and camping trip for you and your partner. The clips are color-coded to provide you with an extremely simple and straightforward setup and it features sturdy fiberglass poles and heavy-duty polyester material with taped seams for ultimate strength and durability.
|Product Dimensions||84x52x41 inches (Floor Area: 33.3 sq. ft)|
|Product Weight||6 pounds, 5 ounces|
- Includes a full coverage rain fly and vestibule
- Color-coded construction for easy assembly
- Side-release buckles and ten-fly connection
- Fiberglass poles and polyester material with taped seams
- Mesh wall for ventilation
- Noiseless zipper pulls
- Ridge pole geometry for maximum space
- Interior storage pockets
- Rain fly does not have a window or vent
- Vestibule is smaller than expected
The Sierra Designs Lightning Tent is a two-person tent with a freestanding design and has many superior features you would expect a high-quality three-season tent to have. It features hybrid single and double wall construction to help reduce weight and it can be quickly set up when needed.
|Product Dimensions||36x56x86 inches|
|Product Weight||5.8 pounds|
- Features night glow to illuminate the tent using a headlamp
- A large single door that is wide
- Asymmetrical design to help reduce weight
- Integrated fly and tent body
- Side storage compartments that you can access from inside or out
- Covered foot vent helps to create an air tunnel for ventilation
- Covered foot tent is not enclosed in mesh
The Big Agnes Copper Spur Backpacking Tent is a two-person tent that features a single door and vestibule. Mesh is used on the inner tent to make them more breathable and lightweight which makes it a good tent for backpacking. It is a freestanding structure that is easy to put up and the fabric is silicone treated nylon ripstop and polyester for strength and durability.
|Product Dimensions||19x5x5 inches|
|Product Weight||1 pound|
- Features a single door and vestibule
- Steep wall construction and cross over pole to maximize interior space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area
- Seams are taped with waterproof polyurethane tape
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners for visibility
- Easy grip zipper pulls and ultralight plastic clips
- Two-tone mesh for privacy
- Tent floor may tear easily, and some water may leak through
- Footprint is sold separately
The North Face Stormbreak 2 is a two-person tent that features a fully seam-taped canopy and floor with an easy pitch design. It is a three-season tent that includes two doors and two vestibules for easier access and improved gear storage. It is constructed with water-resistant polyester taffeta and taped seams. This tent has 30.56 square feet of floor area space.
|Product Dimensions||23.6×19.7×15.8 inches|
|Product Weight||2.2 pounds|
- Freestanding four pole design for easy set-up
- Mesh panels for ventilation and views
- Floor is water-resistant and abrasion resistant
- Has almost ten square feet of storage space
- Water-resistant finish and polyurethane coating
- Does not include enough stakes
- May be heavier than expected
The Kelty Grand Mesa Tent is a two-person, three season tent with a strong and durable construction and features a freestanding design, so setup is easy. It is also easy to move around the campground as needed. Its color-coded construction makes it easy and quick to setup, and it is light enough to make a good backpacking tent. It has one vestibule for storage and a full mesh body that offers improved ventilation.
|Product Dimensions||57x43x85 inches|
|Product Weight||4.8 pounds|
- Uses a shock-corded 7000 series aluminum pole set
- Compact pole set allows ease when packing
- Factory-taped seams for weather protection
- Includes a full coverage no stretch UV-resistant polyester fly
- Roll top tent cube storage
- Mesh body reduces condensation and keeps bugs out
- Noiseless zipper pulls
- Tent is also fire retardant
- May be narrower than expected
- Not recommended for harsh weather conditions
Finding a good two-person tent for your next camping trip should be easier now than before. One of the biggest things to consider when choosing your tent, however, is the size. A lot of two-person tents may fit two people, but it might not be as comfortable as you expect. Several people have reported that the two-person tent is fine for just one person and all their gear to fit comfortably inside. It may become a bit crowded with two people and all the gear. Some two-person tents offer a bit more room on the interior with additional storage options, so it all depends on the brand and type of tent you choose.
Most two-person tents are also lightweight enough and compact enough to make good backpacking tents, so it is easier to carry with you on your trip.