Survival knives are important when you find yourself in a situation that requires that you are always prepared for the worst to happen, so it is vital that you are outfitted with the proper tools you will need for any kind of situation.
Military survival knives are typically set aside for just that: the military. The elite, professional, and experienced people that find themselves in these situations on a regular basis. Survival knives are durable and versatile tools that can be used for menial tasks to those tasks that require a bit more force. From carbon steel and serrated blades to knives with more durable handles and even survival kits, there are many to choose from.
When choosing a survival knife, you will probably think Rambo combat knife and want to consider the blade length and whether or not the blade is serrated or straight.
If you are looking for such a military survival knife for personal use, then there are replica options available. The following are reviews of some of the best military survival knife replicas that can be used for personal use.
The Ontario Knife Co MK 3 Navy Knife is standard issue for United States Navy SEALS and has a six-inch blade made from stainless steel. When open, the knife has a length of 10.75 inches. The Ontario Knife Co is one of the major suppliers for the United States government and the military so they are dedicated to providing a great product made from high-quality materials and components.
|Product Dimensions||12 x 2.8 x 2 inches|
|Product Weight||10 ounces|
- Sheath is included and features a brass belt hanger and loop
- Comes with an oil protectant to protect the finish of the blade
- Stainless steel blade has a black oxide finish
- The handle is made from high impact black plastic
- Pommel can be used to break glass
- Blade can be easily sharpened
- Well-balanced knife with a strong and secure grip
- Sheath has been found to scratch the blade
- Knife may lose black finish over time
- Has a sawtooth top edge rather than a fully serrated edge
This Snake Eye Tactical Navy SEALs Bowie Knife is a military fixed blade survival knife with a five inch and 3.5 mm thick blade. The knife is made of stainless steel and has a black reverse saw back tanto blade and full tang. Overall, the total length of this military survival knife is approximately nine inches.
|Product Dimensions||Overall total of nine inches|
|Product Weight||Approximately 8 ounces|
- Durable stainless-steel construction
- Provides a good and secure grip on the handle
- Knife edge is sharp
- Handle includes finger guards
- Includes the sheath
- Finish may not be the best
- Handle may be shorter than expected
This Survivor Special Ops Survival Knife has an overall length of 12 ¾ inches with a blade length at approximately 7 and ¾ inches. It is made from a strong stainless steel with a 5.86 mm thickness and also features a black oxide finish. The knife comes with a quick release thermoplastic sheath for protection and also has a sharpening stone for convenience.
|Product Dimensions||Overall length of 12 ¾ inches|
|Product Weight||Approximately 1.9 pounds|
- Drop point knife blade with saw back and a sharp edge
- Composite handle for improved grip
- Includes a sheath with a built-in sharpener, nylon straps, and wire cutter
- Black oxide finish for durability
- 5.86 mm blade thickness
- Includes a mechanism so it can be strapped to the calf
- May be heavier than expected
This Tactical Combat Military Survival Knife has an overall length of 11.5 inches with a 5-inch blade length and is made from 440 stainless-steel with a thickness of 3.06 mm and a black finish. It has a full tang design and also includes a nylon sheath with a belt loop for easy and quick accessibility when it is needed most. The handle is also wrapped with a green nylon cord that extends into a lanyard cord.
|Product Dimensions||Overall Length of 11.5 inches|
|Product Weight||Almost one pound|
- Has an effective full tang design
- Drop point steel blade
- Green nylon cord wrapped around the handle
- Blade is extremely sharp
- Forefinger groove for improved grip
- Back of the handle can be used as a glass breaker
- Knife may not be suitable for chopping and can compromise the edge
- Sheath is not the best quality and has a plastic insert
The Ka-Bar USMC Fighting Knife has a seven-inch straight edge blade and is a fixed knife with a leather handle. It comes with a 100% leather sheath for protection. The knife is made with a tough and durable Cro-van steel and comes with a very sharp blade. Well-known in the knife community, Ka-Bar was a general issue knife for the United States Marine Corp and still remains one of the top choices when it comes to a military survival knife for personal use.
|Product Dimensions||13.5 x 3 x 2.5 inches|
|Product Weight||Approximately 1 pound|
- Widely known and respected brand of military knife
- Leather sheath is high-quality and offers substantial protection
- Made with 1095 Co-van steel for durability and strength
- Gold-plated brass guard and pommel
- 7-inch straight blade
- Leather handle for a better grip
- Much higher price point
- May need to sharpen after opening
- Tang may be a little thin
- Water will cause discoloration on the sheath
What were once military issued knives are now available for personal use for the public, and while they may not be exactly what is used in the military, the replicas do come close and stand up against their durability and strength.
Before choosing the survival knife you will be using, make sure to take into consideration its desired use, so you are sure to find one that best suits your individual survival needs.